Go Punk!

December 30, 2014

Punk and Grunge looks have grabbed my attention recently. I think the trend started this fall, especially when the famous cosmetics brand 'Lime Crime' released their grunge eyeshadow palette called 'Venus'. The hype increased. I didn't buy it but with the demo they showed, I was very much tempted to try this kind of look. I'm totally in love with Doe Deere and all this grunge makeup.

But this time, I started with punk look first.


What's the difference? Punk look and grunge look?

Well, based on my research in which I'm not really sure, so please correct me if I'm wrong, punk and grunge both hold the same characteristics with bold eyes and lips (but sometimes grunge isn't about lips). However, punk kinda stands to a crazier look, while grunge looks softer and more wearable. Punk can play with bright color, such as red, blue, rather than black or brown only, while grunge focuses on creating intense look, especially on eyes. So basically punk gives wider variety. Well, I guess because it's punk in which rule doesn't apply.

I think this look I've created is more like dark punk makeup.

Let's move on to the tutorial. It's quite easy. I used red eyeshadow as the base, added by orange eyeshadow. For intense effect, I used brown and black eyeshadow, also black eyeliner and dramatic eyelashes to make eyes look sharp.



For lips, because I don't have reddish brown lip color, I mixed two types of lipstick with brown eyeshadow. I don't know if it's you, but I'm in love with this color. It makes me wanting to buy this kind of shade. 



I plan to create grunge look too but still try to learn more about dark makeup. Hmm..I can't deny that I'm going 'darker' recently.


Products I used:
1. BH Cosmetics Take Me to Brazil Eyeshadow Palette
2. NYX Natural Eyeshadow Palette
3. NYX Trio Eyeshadow Palette
4. Maybelline and Etude House lipstick

You Might Also Like

0 comments