2018 -> 2019

February 01, 2019



Well, long time no see, my blog! It's 2019 already! A new year new me resolution, and a new blog update, started in the second month of 2019.

For me, every year is a year of learning. Major lessons 2018 had taught me was about how to not take everything personal and how to eliminate negative thoughts. I'm not gonna say I've completely nailed it, but I've learnt a lot. I initially wanted to give this post a title like '2018 highs and lows', but then I changed my mind because I decided to not list everything happened in my life and rank them from high to low. It should be equally good.

Last year, I struggled with work; no raise, drama at workplace, overload works, etc, etc, but in the end, I survived this year. Yayy! Reviewing this work year, I now know that every obstacles were meant to be faced professionally. Just don't overthink, don't make assumptions. I should know that I cannot please everyone, every sides. So at work, I'm obliged to finish work, not to make things more convenient for all. And also, I should work at my desk, go home when all works have been finished, and chill with Netflix or Youtube, and maybe have more time for this blog. It's all about efficiency.

Also last year, I started with financial issue when I could not save money at all. Thanks to Instagram and many positive influencers, I now know how much money I should save, and how to track my expense, budgeting. Now I'm debt free, and just a few steps more to save my emergency fund. For expense tracking, I use application called Wallet. It totally saved my life, because I don't recklessly spend my money anymore. By looking at statistics given, I think twice before I buy something. By looking at those statistics, now I know that sometimes I was a bit irresponsible on my meals budget. "Food comes first", they said. But I should be wiser, to be strict with my budget.

Maybe one thing that should be my wish in 2019, I hope I can have time and money for holiday trip. 2017, I went abroad for the first time, and also my first ever solo trip. 2018, I went nowhere. So I hope I'll have chance to go for a trip this year. I really need holiday to keep me sane, don't I?!

My resolution is to be more productive. I should write more. Without writing, I don't feel like myself. And writing also be like my self healing method.

Wish me luck, for a better me, a happier me.

anggielian

You Might Also Like

0 comments