Saturday, April 12, 2014

May Death Never Stop You: The CD

When I went to a CD store two days ago, I felt really disappointed because I couldn't find any My Chemical Romance's CDs in shelves that was labeled 'M'. But later on, I found their newest CD in shelves labeled 'Best Sellers'. Geez, I almost walked out the store thinking they didn't appreciate rock music anymore since I spotted too much One Direction there.

And finally I got another treasure from my most favorite band ever.


I was, of course, getting so excited until I felt I wanna reach home quickly to rip the case open and see what's inside. The excitement then changed to sadness, not a disappointment but sadness. 


Isn't it obvious why I'm sad by looking at the coffins there?!

.

I think it's really important for us to think how we are going to mark our presence in this world, and how far we could affect others with that presence. But when the time's over, it's over. Then comes the stage to start a new adventure. Reminiscing all what happened years back is always fun. We'll realize that life is really fast to live. However, all those memories will never let anything stop us, even death.

.

"...it also held with a sense of self-actualization, and a strong desire to be 'live fast, die young' burning spark that I felt captured the sentiments of five desperate individuals. Desperate to be heard of course.."
-Gerard Way-

"'From the moment we first demoed this song until the last time we ever played it live, 'I'm not Okay' has always felt like home...as if those 3 minutes and 9 seconds were where we belonged."
-Frank Iero-

"...it was one of those moments where you realize just how fast time flies. What started simply funny anecdote about a commute to the studio became a song about growing up before your eyes."
-Mikey Way-

"'Kids from Yesterday' allows me to reflect on my entire life: being a kid. growing up, learning about the universe, entering adulthood, and pondering the future."
-Mikey Way-

"It was a call, a last call, to the kids of today...time to kill the fear, stop the voiceless state, take the baton and run with it."
-Gerard Way-

.

Thank you for the venom, My Chemical Romance. May death never stop you.

No comments:

Post a Comment