Monday, October 28, 2013

Mottai Night Land

Yepp! That's the title of Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's new MV. Here it is:


I was like 'oh yeah, finally this Kyary is back'. Honestly, I was missing this kind of video from Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, because her last two MVs ('Ninja re Ban Ban' and 'Invader Invader') is not as 'weird' as her previous videos. I actually don't know how to describe the feeling I had ever since I watched Kyary's 'Pon Pon Pon' until 'Furisodation', so I just use 'weird' instead. But it doesn't mean those last two MVs are bad. I even love 'Ninja re Ban Ban' so much. As I said, I just missed the 'weird' feeling of watching Kyary's video.

Talking about my favorite part in the video, I will definitely choose the 'strawberry poop'. Who can shit strawberry besides Kyary-chan? And she is uber cute when transform into an animal. Kawaii~

I've googled that mottainai means 'what a waste' (source). I've searched the English translation of the lyric but I don't know exactly what the song is talking about. I just can guess something that is fantastical, wasteful, but also undeserved. That's why there's a fear of losing it, because it's too precious.

For the first time, Kyary's video contains sexiness. There are two sexy candle-headed women wearing only underwear. When I search for the lyric, I automatically think that maybe they symbolize the reality that Kyary doesn't want. In the video, she looks afraid of them. It recalls me to Kyary's 20th birthday party when (I don't remember who) said that now Kyary is an adult, maybe she can be sexy a bit. So I kinda find connection here. She is weird and kawaii, will not and don't wanna be sexy, even though she is twenty. LOL!

I feel super annoyed when I find many people criticize the appearance of two sexy women there. They said why now Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has changed and become as trashy as Western pop by exploiting nudity?! Come on~, they should be questioning themselves, why they are so close-minded and concern too much about the 'exploitation' instead of seeing the meaning of their existence, why they see two nearly naked women as something's wrong?! If they talked about morality, hello~ Kyary was a drunkard in 'Furisodation'. LOLOL! Don't be disappointed with her just because she isn't a 'good' role model as you wish since now in her video there are big boobs and thighs. She has never wanted to be that 'good' from the first. She's simply weird, and that's why she's loved.

Well, that was just my random analysis guessing of 'Mottai Night Land'. I actually always feel excited in guessing what does this mean, what does that mean in every Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's videos. Too bad I don't know Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment