Thursday, August 22, 2013

Unconditional Love

And we have gone through good and bad times.
But your unconditional love was always on my mind.
You've been there from the start for me.
And your love's always been true as can be.
I give my heart to you.
I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you.

'Warmness on the Soul' - Avenged Sevenfold

The lyric's so touching, right?! This song has been my favorite since I was in my first year of high school. I don't know why I start this post by quoting Avenged Sevenfold lyric. Maybe because when thinking about Unconditional Love, I suddenly remember this song. By the way, metal rock haters, don't run away from this post just because you see the lyric above. Believe me, the song is as mellow as 2AM's. Hahahahaha.

But actually, why I wanna talk about unconditional love is because I have finished watching two awesome movies, and those movies give me unforgettable image of unconditional love, of the mothers to their children. Yes, the mothers to their children. Sorry to disappoint you if it's not about a dear diary of a mellow girl muttering about a boy.

.

The first movie is 'A Long Visit', Korean 2010 movie. The movie tells about a life of a young woman, named Ji Suk who narrates about her life and her mother. I'm not gonna spill out everything that in the movie, but I wanna tell that this mother-daughter relationship is very sweet. They sometimes fight about a simple thing, about food or house. The mother looks like a really active and talkative ahjumma. So, no surprise if sometimes they yell to each other.

However, I'm really in love with Ji Suk's mother. She's sooooo proud with her beloved daughter. She cannot accept anyone looking down on Ji Suk. Sometimes she blames herself while her daughter is in trouble, like when Ji Suk wanted to get married with her boyfriend. Therefore, both family arranged a meeting, but at the meeting, Ji Suk's boyfriend's Mom didn't put a respect towards Ji Suk and her family. She thought Ji Suk doesn't deserve to be her son's wife since her son is a foreign graduate and super rich. At first, Ji Suk's mother was angry with her, but later she blamed her poorness as a cause for not allowing Ji Suk to marry the boy whom she loved. Later, she kneeled down in front of Ji Suk's mother and begged to her to allow the marriage, sacrificing her pride for Ji Suk.

Well, actually, I'm not touched by that scene. Because why must Ji Suk's mother become the one who sacrifice her pride?! If I am Ji Suk, I just leave them and my boyfriend who just did NOTHING when his parents humiliated his girlfriend. But...I just told you that scene to show the example of Ji Suk's mother's sacrifice.

When Ji Suk dies (yes, Ji Suk dies. I'm a SPOILER), her mother shows a hopeless life of her, and also a disappointment of a very bad ending that she doesn't want. The only one who makes her proud, happy, and willing to give anything, is now gone. What's the point of her life now?! In the end, a thing that she only want is to move from her current world to another world that she believes can make her meet her daughter again. It may not show a positive attitude of a person who was left behind by her beloved, but somehow it successfully represents the unconditional love of a mother to her daughter.

.

The second movie is 'Satorare', a really old movie, from 2001. This Japanese movie has a unique story, which is about a man whose thought is always transparent, which they called 'satorare' Every people with a distance of 12 meters away from him is able to hear his thoughts. Due to psychological reason, government protects a satorare from knowing his own uniqueness, which means a satorare never knows he is a satorare.

A satorare named Kenichi Satomi is a doctor, and he lives with his mother. While everyone at the hospital are tired from pretending to ignore Kenichi's loud thoughts, his mother is always patient listening to every thoughts her son makes. She is often found at the hospital to see her son, or to apologize to everyone she met because the trouble that her son's thoughts have made. Once, she has ever said that she actually loves to listen to Kenichi's thoughts, because it makes her feel so close to him, and from that she knows that her son is a man with pure heart...and also a loud 'voice'.

When the mother is diagnosed having a cancer, she asks the hospital chief to let Kenichi operate on her. Kenichi is actually a genius doctor. But, because he's a satorare, the hospital chief never let him do the surgery. No one wants things happened in the operating theater would be announced loudly to entire hospital. Therefore, Kenichi's mother wants her own son do the surgery, because she thinks, at least, she is useful even with the cancer. Yaa..useful for her only son. Kenichi, who doesn't know he's a satorare, tries to comfort her mother by keep saying she will be okay, meanwhile, his thought keeps repeating his worry about that dangerous cancer inside his mother's body. The roles are kinda twisted here. His mother becomes the one who assure him that she really believes in him, and she knows that he will do the best in the surgery. Because Kenichi's mother wants only one thing; a chance for her son to do surgery.

This movie will make you burst in tears.

.

I also want to have this unconditional love, maybe when I have a child in the future. Just my opinion, but I think this love is also rare to occur in children-parents relationship. Sometimes, parents demand too much, unlike Ji Suk's mother and Kenichi's mother who purely want happiness to their children. And then, parents will respond by saying children defy too much. Hahahahaha.

To be honest, I hate when I heard someone say "I used to struggle in a very hard life when I was a kid, unlike you, spoiled kid!". Why that someone want hard life happened on them must happened too on their children?! For me, I only want the best things for my kids, so I just hope they won't feel the bad experiences that I've ever felt.

Or sometimes parents can be so materialistic, demanding much much wealth from their children, the effect of banyak anak banyak rejeki I think. They want their children independent, but they cannot be independent their selves.

This thought leads me to an extreme conclusion. I will have one kid only lah, and so I can purely love him/her, just like Kenichi's mother. Oh ya, Ji Suk's mother also has another kid, a boy. She doesn't love him as she loves Ji Suk, I don't know why. See?! One child only to guarantee an unconditional love from a mother!

.

I write this post in 2013. Who knows maybe five years from now, I make a post cursing kids nowadays are all SPOILED! LOLOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment