Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Missing the Solitude

Maybe An Emo Post

Right now, I'm listening to my forever favorite song, Close to You, Olivia Ong version. Just minutes ago, while surfing the internet in my bedroom, I heard the song from the TV outside. Then I went 'OMG I miss this song'. I rushed searching my music folder and felt so happy this song was still there.

What I wanna say...this song brings my memory back.

Okay, I know this song tells about a girl admiring a perfect boy, but this is not what I wanna talking about. It's because I have my own story, umm well, my own feeling actually. I used to listen to this song a lot a year, or almost two years ago. That time I was enjoying my self  a lot.

I lived in my small and cozy boarding room that not too far from college. The room had a small window near my small bed. It brought fresh wind inside in the morning, and cold wind at night; cheerful sunlight in the morning, but mostly rude sunlight when I just woke up at 11 A.M. My cottony big buddy bear named Dubu was still there. The warm blanket was lying on bed, such a rare sight seeing the blanket neatly folded. Books were arranged on shelves in the corner of the room. I pinned random pictures and silly handwriting targets of life to the purple styrofoam on the wall. There were also my laptop and internet that never left me alone. And, 'Close to You' was always played even if I had closed my eyes at very late night.

I can say, that was maybe the loneliest time ever in my life. Don't feel sad for me because I'm not gonna say I dislike that time so much. Indeed, it was such a hard time. But little things happened there, I kinda miss them.

That was the only time when there was only me and everything's there was mine. I lived without a single complain or annoying stare. That's it, precious thing I've had back then.

Right now, I'm missing the solitude.



On the day that you were born the angels got together
And decided to create a dream come true
So they sprinkled moon dust in your hair
Of golden starlight in your eyes of blue

That is why all the girls in town
Follow you
All around
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you



Though I'm listening to this song and singing along right now, no one will feel the same feeling like I have. Because the feeling is only mine. Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment